We want to give you the labeling fuel you need to charge down the road to success in 2017. That’s why we put together the 5 best tips to make sure your custom labels are the very best they can be.
If you’re not the design type, call the professionals at Desktop Labels for help!
1.Embrace change. Doing nothing is the path of least resistance, but in a rapidly evolving marketplace, inaction allows someone else to move ahead. If there have been no changes to your custom label in recent memory, it may be time to consider a change. Keep reading to find out how to move forward, and be sure to reference this blog when you’re ready to forge ahead.
2. Consider your label’s purpose. Ask yourself:
- Is it accomplishing what you want it to?
- Could there be a better approach to achieving these results?
- How has your marketplace changed? Does your label reflect these changes?
3. Pay attention to where your label is used. Know precisely the types of environments that your label is exposed to. Excessive heat, cold and moisture can make labels unreadable if they’re printed on the wrong material. Make sure that your label is exposed only to optimal conditions, and if it’s not, be sure it’s printed on materials that can withstand the extremes. Check out more tips to avoid labeling disasters.
4. Audit your image. Remember that labels are the only advertising that reaches 100% of the customers when they’re ready to purchase. That’s why it’s critical that you analyze your label to make sure:
- It tells the right story. Make sure your label succinctly and authentically tells the story behind your product. It can be as simple as a couple of sentences. Consider what Burt’s Bees achieves in just six words: “Earth Friendly, Natural Personal Care Products” instantly reveals the spirit of the product and the company.
- It’s eye catching. According to Nielsen, a global consumer research organization, 64% of shoppers try a new product because of eye-catching packaging and 41% continue to purchase a product because they prefer its packaging.
- It stands apart from your competitors. Go to your marketplace and observe your product on the shelf. Is it lost in a sea of color and words? Or does it pop out and scream, “Buy me!” You may want to ask someone outside of your organization to do this as well. Do a side-by-side comparison. Note the advantages and disadvantages of the competitor’s labeling, and adjust yours accordingly.
5. Commit to working with the best vendors. Make sure:
- They have experience in designing and printing custom labels
- Can give you the guidance to make the smartest label choices.
- Are highly responsive and just a phone call away.
- Has most labels in stock and can provide same-day shipping.
- Stands behind their product.
Do you want assistance in making your label the best in can be in 2017? Reach out to us at 1-800-241-9730 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be happy to help.